Throughout India, Gulf, South East Asia & African country's customers count on COMPETENCE for solutions that go further. With our thorough knowledge of compressor operation and extensive field experience gained from years of collaboration with compressor manufacturers and users, COMPETENCE helps drive growth in each of the markets we serve.
• Gas transmission
• Gas gathering
• Air separation
• Plant air
• Original equipment manufacturers (OEM)
• Pulp and paper
• Pharmaceutical systems
CE Automation and Metering Services
Contract Instrumentation Services provides solutions for all your industrial instrumentation and control requirements from system design right through to installation and commissioning.
Our services cover a wide range of industrial instruments to measure and control most process parameters, including temperature, pressure, level flow, pH, conductivity and density.
Our team of experts has a comprehensive understanding of processing, manufacturing and distribution systems across a broad range of industries, including food and beverage, brewery, dairy, pulp and paper, power generation and water treatment.
Our specialist services include:
• Control valve overhaul
• Instrument maintenance and repair
• Hazardous area audit and compliance
• Installation and commissioning
• Plant shutdown
Competence specialise in supplying a single source for the commissioning of new and overhauled Metering skid facilities, whereby Competence supply a full service for flow
Computer and Supervisory computer, flow meter setup, control valve setup and meter calibration.
Metering Service Contract
A professional metering program offering first class service and maintenance.
How important is metering to you?
The installation of flow meters is essential for any fiscal/data
management system. However, without regular validation
checks, data accuracy may become unreliable over time
• Over or under charging.
• Lack of confidence in metering readings and data
accuracy / reliability.
• Product loss due to inconsistent quality or production
• Unreliable batch costings.
• Inability to substantiate readings.
Reliable operation - total peace of mind
Competence Metering Service Contract is designed to
ensure flow meters are properly maintained, reading correctly
and recalibrated at the recommended intervals, offering:
• Planned maintenance of essential fiscal/data management
• Regular calibration of differential pressure transmitters,
pressure and temperature transmitters with certification
issued after each visit, providing proof of meter accuracy.
• A Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) program to
help minimise costly downtime, and release maintenance
staff for other duties.
• Total peace of mind that your equipment is being
maintained by experienced original equipment
• Assessment of key issues, such as correct installation,
turndown ratio and density compensation, that can
dramatically affect meter readings.
• Improved maintenance budget planning and forecasting
• Planned recalibration of pipeline unit.
Most pipeline metering units will need re-calibration at regular
intervals throughout their working life. The time span between
each re-calibration will vary from unit to unit, and will depend
on such factors as importance of fiscal/data management,
quality of fluid passing through the unit, operating times, etc.
On average Competence recommends that the pipeline unit
is re-calibrated every 2-3 years if accuracy is paramount.
Details of Competence certified calibration facility are
• Assess installation is correct, i.e. clear pipe lengths, separator installed, etc.
• Visually inspect pipeline transducer units (lagging etc. permitting)
• Check and blow down impulse lines (where possible in accordance with site safety regulations)
• Check differential pressure transmitter for zero and span – results to be recorded on calibration sheet
• Check all analogue inputs and outputs conform to test certificates – results to be recorded on calibration sheet
• Check simulated pressure and temperature inputs conform to test certificates
• Record results of calibration of pressure and temperature transmitters on calibration sheet
• Terminal connections to be checked on readout unit and ancillary electronic equipment
• Check flow capacity is within turndown ratio of unit
• Check calibration coefficients are as per manufacturers factory settings
• Written service report provided per visit, detailing findings, actions and recommendations/requirements